Wednesday, January 20, 2010

With My Whole Heart


Dear God,

I always want to trust You. And I want to be able to give all my cares to You and learn to walk away from them, but oftentimes I fail. I start to reason out with myself. And then I begin to feel afraid and next to that doubt creeps into me. I grab back all my cares, worries and concerns, as if I am more capable and trustworthy than You. It's as if I want to "help" You do it for me, Lord, and then things get messed up because I tried doing things on my own strength and will. My steps become unsure.

Please forgive me, Lord. I don't want to be like this. I want to trust You COMPLETELY -- with my DS and DD, with my life, everything!

Letting You have the reigns and total control is easy to say and so hard to do. I feel like I am walking in the dark, not knowing which way You are leading me.

But I realize that doesn't matter, though. Because I know I can trust You with my whole heart. You alone are worthy. So I give it all to You, Lord.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment