Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Do Not Worry


Dear God,

Often I am such a worrywart, and my worries drive me crazy after they pile up in my mind.  I try hard to convince myself  that it is just a healthy concern for the family, but in my heart, I know better.  I know it's nothing short of worry, and Your Word tells me it shouldn't be part of my life.

I should "not worry" about anything.  And there are so many other constructive things for me to do each day, and worrying consumes so much of my energy.  At times, it seems to affect almost every area of my life, and dampens my joy.  It sometimes harms and affects my relationship with my DH, DS, and DD, including some other people that surround me.

Please, Father, I do not want worry to overtake my life.  Help me to give my concerns up to You, and to concentrate on the work You have for me.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment