Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Faith Like Moses' Parents


Dear God,

As I ponder on the life of Moses, I realized that You have given me a great example through his parents. They were faced with the terrible command of terminating young children, but both knew that You had a plan for their child and that You would help them go against the king in that wicked time and situation.

Lord, I know that You also have a special plan for my DS and DD. Please help me to have that kind of faith Moses' parents had. I don't actually face the same situation they have battled years ago (thank You, God!), but there may be people around me who would have me go against Your Word in the way I choose to raise my family. Please give me the strength, Lord, to stand strong and to abide in Your Word always. Lastly, please assist me in providing an environment that will allow my kids to realize the plan You have for them.

By faith Moses' parents hid him
for three months after he was born, because
they saw he was no ordinary child, and they
were not afraid of the king's edict.
Hebrews 11:23

No comments:

Post a Comment