Friday, February 5, 2010

I Like To Make A Difference


Dear God,

I know that giving (even a little bit of) compassion goes a long, long way. There are times when I think that all I need is a hug to make me feel better. I am sure that other people out there who will come to read what I am writing feel the same way. It's obvious that my DS and DD often do.

Last Sunday, my DD got a little hurt during stretching exercises in her Ballet class. I was watching from the studio outside, and could have easily told her to just sit and rest a few minutes, and she would be okay. Physically that might have been true, but she would only have become more frustrated. What a joy it was for me to be able to sit with her, comfort her, and to see the healing powers of a Mother's compassion. After a while she was able to recover.

Lord God, sometimes compassion is all a person needs to gain strength. Please help me make a difference, as I pray that I will always be ready to offer it freely, with a giving heart, especially to my children.

Be merciful to those who doubt...
Jude 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment