Friday, February 26, 2010

Protected From Fear


Dear God,

You alone are my shield... You go before me, and follow me wherever I go. You also surround me with your protection and care. With You I have nothing to fear. Many times I think -- who am I to deserve such a blessing from You...? But I know that at times, I am also a big whiner. Yet, You respond to me by taking good care of my family and me. Not once did You ever falter or hesitate. Your hands and arms are always wide open.

Lord, I would like to understand the good, right kind of fear. I am in constant awe of You, but teach me how to revere You as You deserve. This way I could pass this on to my DS and DD. Your Word says that perfect love casts out fear. And only by abiding in You all the time do I find perfect love.

Thank You, Father, because as I pray today, I could see the anxiety fading away. Peace once more covers my house and home. Despite the outer flurry or distress of many things surrounding our normal, everyday lives, my family and I will fear only You and be delivered.

After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision:
"Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.
Genesis 15:1

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely prayer to which I say, "Amen." Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for agreeing with me in prayer, Cathy. Have a nice and blessed weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete