Monday, April 5, 2010

Music Monday #6 ~ I Am


Thanks to Shawntele of Saved by Grace, for this wonderful meme. There won't be Monday blues for me again because my week starter will be filled with melodies for the Lord!

I honor and bless God with this song. I thank the Lord, because He is always The Answer in my life. Everything that concerns me is His concern. Eversince learning how to pray and from vivid childhood memories of long ago, God was always there to pick me up. May it be a small, tiny speck of trouble in my life, or a big, tough, insurmountable one, God is always beside me all the way... To hold me. To assure me. To guide me. To save me. Thank You so much, Lord.



Pencil marks on a wall,
I wasn't always this tall,
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed,
You watched my team win,
You watched my team lose,
You watched when my bicycle went down again...
And when I was weak,
Unable to speak,
still I could call You by name,
And I said “Elbow-healer, Superhero, come if You can...”

And You said, “I am...”

Only sixteen, life is so mean,
What kind of curfew is at ten pm,
You saw my mistakes,
You watched my heart break,
Heard when I swore I’d never love again...
When I was weak,
Unable to speak,
Still I could call You by name,
And I said, “Heartache-healer, Secret-keeper, be my Best Friend...”

And You said, “I am...”

You saw me wear white,
By pale candlelight,
I said forever to what lies ahead,
Two kids and a dream,
With kids that can scream,
Too much it might seem when it’s two am...
When I am weak,
Unable to speak,
Still I will call You by name,
“Oh Shepherd, Savior, Pasture-maker, hold on to my hand...”

And You say, “I am...”

The winds of change,
And circumstance blow in,
And all around us,
So we find a foothold that’s familiar,
And bless the moments that we feel You nearer...

And life had begun,
I was woven and spun,
You let the angels dance around the throne,
And who can say when,
But they’ll dance again,
When I am free and finally headed home...
I will be weak,
Unable to speak,
Still I will call You by name,
“Creator, Maker, Life-sustainer,
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer,
Lord and King, Beginning and the End..."

"I am, yes, I am..."


No comments:

Post a Comment