Friday, April 30, 2010

Resting In The Lord


Dear God,

There are moments when I just want to shout in anger at the unfairness that life has to offer. I often see in the news how many rich and prosperous people get away with all sorts of crime or misdealings. Am sure if I were the one to do the same, I would surely receive grave punishment. Times like these, I would ask, "How can people like that seem to get away with everything...?"

Then I would use that as a springboard to teach and remind my DS and DD -- I tell them that even though there may be so many times when these bad people think they have gotten away with some wrongdoing, You are watching, and they will all answer for their sins eventually. We all will, Lord, isn't it?

God, please help me not to judge, but to allow You to decide the fairness of things, situations, and all matters pertaining to life in this sinful world. Give me the patience -- to be able to rest and feel refreshed in You, and to wait patiently for Your return. I need You to help me to teach my kids to rest in You too.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Psalm 37:7

No comments:

Post a Comment