Friday, May 21, 2010

Keeping Ourselves Pure


Dear God,

There are many ways and means for us to be involved or included in committing sins of different kinds. There can be sins I commit on my own, or sins that other people are also participating in. It is a lot difficult to find people who truly have a sincere desire to remain pure in every area of life. In reality, we do not have a choice, and I don't believe that what other people call "free will" holds true in this aspect. Because Lord, You have commanded us to keep ourselves pure in mind and spirit, in every area of our lives, and I know that is for our own good. Even though it is not at all always easy, I want to obey You. The road is full of temptations and walking on the straightest path is always a challenge for us to keep.

But I want to thank You Lord, for placing other godly Moms in my life. Thank You for my Bible small group, and my other Christian friends who continuously uplift and inspire me to do good and be closer to You. They also face the many temptations that I face, but they've committed themselves to purity, so that together we can help and encourage one another. What a blessing that is from You, Lord!

Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands,
and do not share in the sins of others.
Keep yourself pure.
1 Timothy 5:22

No comments:

Post a Comment