Friday, June 18, 2010

The Example Of Jesus


Dear God,

About this time two schoolyears ago, I remember when I was somewhat accused of doing something wrong in the workplace, and everyone else was against me. I didn't do anything wrong, Lord. That wasn't really fair. I felt that all my co-workers were ganging-up on me, and all I wanted was for them to understand what they have done to me...

Why should I accept the suffering for something when I did nothing wrong? Yet, in our quiet time conversations, You told me to take it patiently -- that this is okay and acceptable to You. Why, Lord? Verse 21 says it is because of Your suffering and the perfect example You set for us.

Perhaps somewhere in their lifetime, my DS and DD will be accused of wrongdoing when they are innocent. Lord, please help me encourage them by showing them the truth in Your Word -- that they will also suffer in some way, some time or another. Thank You, Jesus, for giving us this truth; and the comfort that lies in You alone.

But how is it to your credit
if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it?
But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it,
this is commendable before God.
1 Peter 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment