Friday, June 25, 2010

Help Me To Understand Like Jesus


Dear God,

Sometimes I feel like there isn't anyone who cares about what I am going through, or the many temptations I am facing... But when I read Your Word and spend some quiet time with You, I feel refreshed, yet ashamed and convicted of my wrongdoing. Lord, I personally believe that You have chosen to come to Earth and live among us so that You could understand the many trials and temptations we all face and be able to help us make the right choices in life.

Please help me recall the temptations I faced when I was growing up... I want to understand my DS and DD the way You understand me. I do not want to be too judgmental or hasty in giving them the idea that I am always better than they are. I know some parent friends of ours who do not try to see things the way their kids do, and who are not at all sympathetic with the little, minor, or trivial trials they face as children. I certainly do not want to be like that kind of parent, God. I want to be able to see things through my children's eyes, and be able to be an effective parent and friend to them. Help me become like You, Lord.

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted,
he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Hebrews 2:18

No comments:

Post a Comment