Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What Is In My Heart


Dear God,

When I became a Mother, I also automatically became a teacher to my children. I am their first mentor ---the one who will not only teach, but the one who will also guide and lead. But what exactly is in my heart? -- that question I would oftentimes ponder on thoughtfully... Your Word says that out of the heart can come evil if we are not careful. Father, please fill my heart with Your love, so that my teaching will reflect You.

I do not want my DS and DD to be subjected to worldy teaching when they are at home; I know they both get enough of those when they are away from me. Please also give me wisdom and discernment Lord. I want to teach my kids Your Word, so that we can teach and admonish one another with Scripture.

When our hearts and minds are full of You and Your Word, then we can sing with praise and joy. As a family we can proclaim Your goodness to all those we meet. That way the teaching will continue on to others around us. What a blessing that truly is.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom,
and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs
with gratitude in your hearts to God.
Colossians 3:16

2 comments:

  1. Parenting is indeed awesome and daunting. But I fear I would not have traded it away at any cost. Grand post! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, yes I totally agree with you on the great responsibility that comes with becoming a parent. And I wouldn't trade it too for anything. :) Thanks for your message, I am encouraged all the more to become a good one! :)

    Blessings and hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete