Friday, July 2, 2010

Blessings and Hope


Dear God,

The words Blessed, Trust, and Hope are like magical, enchanting words to my ears. Studying the words out, blessed means like a refuge, hiding place, or shelter -- You wonderfully bless me by being my shelter, my ever-reliable protector, and my very hope when everything else seems discouraging and impossible.

In Verse 8, it clearly tells me that this person who trusts in You is like a tree planted by the river. The trees receive the sustenance they need, even when drought or dry times arise. Lord, You are a source of food and nourishment for me. I want my roots to go deep and to be well watered by You.

As my DS and DD grow, I also need to treat them like young, supple trees, planting them firmly and deeply in Your Word. Then as I see them getting stronger and taller everyday, I pray that they will trust You completely, Lord, experience the hope that can only be found in You, and be blessed in everything that they will do. :)

But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
Jeremiah 17:7

No comments:

Post a Comment