Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Disciplining With Love


Dear God,

When I get mad at DS or DD, I do not feel there is love inside of me... But when I look at their eyes either filled with tears, or when I know they have a repentant heart and feel sorry about what they've done, I don't want to follow through with any discipline. I want to smile, give them a big, tight hug, and tell them that all is forgiven, But I also know that there are consequences for sin, and my children need to learn that while they are still young.

The world simply has a tainted view of love. Some say that as a parent, I have to show my love if I give or shower my kids with material possessions, or when I allow them to do as they please. But Your Word says something far different, Father.

With that in mind, I want to love DS and DD the way You do, Lord. I want to be strong, to lovingly discipline them so they will grow to be pleasing to You, to honor and glorify You, especially with their lives. No matter how difficult it is, Lord, I will scold and correct with love.

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline.
So be earnest, and repent.
Revelations 3:19

No comments:

Post a Comment