Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Teaching Gentleness To My Children


Dear God,

My quiet time verse for todsy seems like a long list of "To Do's" that I should be teaching DS and DD, especially when it is added to the many other things Your Word instructs me to instill in their young (and growing!) lives... Sitting down and relishing it more, I find that it is not that overwhelming though, and I realize if these principles are present in my life and obvious in my behavior, then it would be the best intsruction I can give to DS and DD. The thing there is to make sure that I am applying the principles to my own life...

The first half of this list is not really tough -- perhaps because they are not as personal. But then it becomes a bit harder when it concerns my relationship with other people.

Even so, God, I want to teach my kids to be kind and gentle, and I want to be the right example for them (no matter how difficult it may be for me to try to exhibit those virtues). Please help me and show me the way, Lord...

Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities,
to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good,
to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate,
and to show true humility toward all men.
Titus 3:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment