Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Taking You At Your Word


Dear God,

Once again I have realized that in order for me to have a close and intimate relationship with You, I have to completely trust You and take You at Your Word. Too often, and many times, I only partly trust You.

For example, when You say (in 2 Cor. 12:9), "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness," my mind screams out in all directions, "God, I do not understand! One of my kids is not obeying me again, one is having health problems, I am surrounded by insensitive, uncaring people in my workplace, I am completely exhausted, and I do not understand how any good can come out of this."

I am ashamed to let You or my Christians friends know, but I have to admit, Lord, that at times I have a difficult time taking You at Your Word. Please show me how to trust You more, even when my mind cannot grasp it and my heart cannot accept it.

As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.
Hebrews 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment