Friday, October 8, 2010

A More Beautiful Place


Dear God,

This evening after work, I went to the wake of my student's Grandad. Her Mom is also my friend. I know it is heartbreaking to lose a grandparent; much more a parent. I know that the death of someone we love so dearly is one of the heartbreaking things to cope with. I know the Grandad of my student is in heaven, but I selfishly want that person to still be here with her. We can gain comfort from reading Psalm 116:15. Please help me help my adolescent student to rejoice instead of feeling sorry for herself.

DS and DD are also watching my reactions. I can see it in their eyes -- even in their somewhat solemn attitude as DH and the kids dropped me off to the wake and I went down the car. Their reactions now, and as adults, hinge so much on the way I react to the trials other people surrounding me face. Please continue to help me set a good example.

God, fill me with the joy that comes from knowing You are my God for ever and ever. You won't desert me. When death does come, You will be there to guide me to a place more beautiful than I can ever imagine.

For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.
Psalm 48:14

No comments:

Post a Comment