Friday, October 22, 2010

My Calling


Dear God,

Sometimes I think that a lot of people do not fully understand that the call to motherhood comes from You. They just don't quite understand how much work goes into this blessed vocation. At times it's hard for me -- and other Moms, am sure -- because some people expect us to drop whatever we are doing to meet their wants and needs.

And so there are times when I feel like I want to scream, "Hey, being a Mom and taking care of my kids is a time-consuming and exhausting (serious) business!" I either want to feel sorry for myself or pat myself on the back for dedicating my life to motherhood. But, God, I know that both attitudes are not proper in Your eyes.

I should learn to accept my calling with a meek and humble spirit. Only when my outlook becomes Christlike will I truly be considered worthy of this kind of calling.

As a prisoner for the Lord,
then, I urge you to live a life
worthy of the calling you have received.
Be completely humble and gentle;
be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Ephesians 4:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment