Friday, March 4, 2011

That Kind Of Family Faith


Dear God,

Reading about Timothy in the Bible makes me admire him a lot. Timothy was a man full of deep faith, and that very faith came from his grandmother, who passed it on to his mother, who in turn, also passed it on to Timothy! And because of that unwavering faith, Timothy was able to accomplish great things for You.

When DS and DD all grown up, I also want them to serve you, Lord. But I know that they can only do that if they have true faith in You alone. Please guide me so that I can be an example to them, like Eunice was to Timothy. And when that time comes into my life too, let me be an example to my grandchildren as well!

What greater task could I have than to make sure DS and DD are introduced to You, especially during their growing up years? Help me live so that they will want this kind of faith in You.

I am reminded of your sincere faith,
which first lived in your grandmother Lois
and in your mother Eunice and,
I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
2 Timothy 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment