Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gaining Honor


Dear God,

So sorry for being a nagger...  I really don't want to be like this, but  I forget and begin to be one when the kids take long in obeying or doing things I've told them to do.

I remember a Kids Pastor say that after you've told someone three times, it's no longer telling, but nagging.  But what about, say, (more than) the nth time?!?  I'm afraid I might be guilty of this, and I think I am not teaching my kids respect for me anymore.

I think if I respect their ability to do whatever I asked of them, I can perhaps stop repeating myself....  Then if they don't do as I have asked, they should face the consequences.  That way, I guess I will be more likely to retain honor and they will learn to respect themselves and me too.  Please help me in achieving this, Father...

A kindhearted woman gains honor,
but ruthless men gain only wealth.
Proverbs 11:16

No comments:

Post a Comment