Friday, October 30, 2009

Opening My Arms To Others


Dear God,

Sometimes I'm kind of feeling guilty or feeling sorry for myself... Feelings like I am such a dope and a complete failure take over me. But when I pause and truly think about why I am complaining or griping, I realize that I have much to be thankful for. There are so many people around me who really need a listening ear or a warm hug.

Oftentimes Lord, it's my DS and my DD who need my motherly, compassionate arms. It is sometimes hard to reach out to others; that includes both the kids, because somehow I feel so vulnerable, so easy to get bruised. I am afraid I might say or do the wrong thing. But I know that You want me to reach out and extend myself to the hurting individuals of this world, and I know that You will show me what to do.

Please God, help me to never turn down a golden opportunity to offer compassion to tired individuals around me, especially to my children.

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
1 Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment