Thursday, November 26, 2009

Feelings Of Loneliness


Dear God,

Another day has ended, and it's past the middle of the week again. I should be happy with that, because as the weekend appoaches, it would mean spending time with the family longer, and more time spent just doing things together... But I need someone to talk to, Lord; someone who is not a child, and someone who is not a husband.

I love my DH, DS and DD, Lord. I thank You for them, but sometimes I need another person to talk to who understands what I am going thru as a wife, and as a mother. There are times when I feel isolated, so cut off from the rest of the world. Times just like these days, when I feel alone, most especially as a wife, and my DH can be insensitive at times, not recognizing my many needs as a woman. Sometimes I feel neglected, and not given the personal "husband time" I have been praying for a long time. Maybe he is consumed by the busyness of the world, that he is often tired, and forgets that I am a human being at home who needs to have some healthy conversation too, who needs his companionship for some fellowship and bonding time... It can be so lonely here, God.

Please help me, to reach out to another woman -- perhaps to one of the Moms from church, or in this blogging site, or maybe in my neighborhood -- who needs the kind of companionship I do. Give me the willingness to reach out to that person, please lead me to her, or lead her to me -- to get my focus off myself. Please give me rest, knowing You will always be there. Thank You, Lord.

I lie awake; I have become
like a bird alone on a roof.
Psalm 102:7

No comments:

Post a Comment