Friday, November 27, 2009

Love That Is Alive


Dear God,

I always tell other people how much I love my kids, but I think I'm not putting it into good practice... Deep in my heart I know I do love them both and want only the best for them, but I often get so caught and hooked up in what needs to be done especially at home, that I eventually forget to show them how important they actually are to me.

God, please let Your love fill my heart so that it would pour over and flood the children You have so graciously given me. Please let me show them how special they truly are to me and my DH, and let them understand the depth, height, and brevity of Your love because they see it expemplified in us, their parents. Help me also to voice out words of love, and fill my mouth with the right things to say, so that it will take on a new and fresh meaning as they are supported by our actions to prove it.

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue
but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment