Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Mom's Comforting Arms


Dear God,

You have made a mother's tender, loving comfort to be a beautiful and clear illustration of the comfort You extend to Your children. My desire is to live up to that picture...

All these years, and throughout my growing up days, I cannot really begin to count the many number of times You have wrapped and enveloped Your loving arms around me. You have calmed me in the middle of so many fears. A lot of times You have drawn me near to You when I am faced by sorrow, loneliness and tears, and You have given me lasting assurance when I experienced great disappointments in life.

Lord, I want to do the same for my DS and DD. In this harsh world, I know that there will be many opportunities to offer comfort to my children. Please help me to always be there for them to comfort them as You comfort me.

As a mother comforts her child,
so will I comfort you;
and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.
Isaiah 66:13

No comments:

Post a Comment