Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Green Pastures


Dear God,

Although I do not have a garden in my home, I love the smell of grass, the very feel of it under my bare feet, and the sight of the fresh, vibrant, green color. It just makes me want to lie down in the softness and relax -- to revel in Your leading.

The problem is, Lord, is that I don't always want to lie down and rest in the pasture that You have provided for me. Sometimes, my "pasture" seem dry. The grass feels brown, withered, and scorched. I look at my house and then I see my neighbor's house: It doesn't need any fixing, it doesn't need any coat of new paint, nor repairs to make it look better... my checklist run endlessly... their kids also seem happier... Sometimes, I long to leave this place You have given me...

But Lord, I thank You for making me lie down and rest even if I don't want to. Thank You for leading me beside quiet waters when I need the comfort, and solace.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters...
Psalm 23:2

No comments:

Post a Comment