Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Real Contentment


Dear God,

Sometimes I find that gaining something big or great is obtained from wordly achievements. I even teach my DS and DD this when I praise and uphold them more for their scholastic, or artistic successes than I do for their faith in You alone. Sometimes I somewhat crave to hear the praise of people for the good job I do when I should in truth, be concerned more with what pleases You...

Lord, please show me how to be a godly woman and Mother, how to have true and lasting contentment that comes from service to You. I don't want to gratify or please my selfish desires. Please help me always to reinforce that in my home and family life -- the need to be satisfied and contented with doing and achieving Your will. I know that that kind of contentment will bring great gain to my family and will be a lasting, strengthening blessing for us through all time.

Godliness with contentment is great gain.
1 Timothy 6:6

No comments:

Post a Comment