Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bringing Up My Children


Dear God,

I know that for many times, You have always reminded me not to worry, but I can't seem to help it. I try to train the kids correctly, and try my best to show them by example, but at times my DS makes some bad choices. I am afraid he might stray away from You, Lord.

Isaiah 55:11 says that Your word won't return to You empty but will accomplish its purpose. Please help me to trust that Your word, plus the things I teach the children will help them go the right way, especially my DS, who, between the two, is harder to deal with, God... Please help him remember and keep in his heart the verses that he reads everyday during his quiet time with You, because I cannot always be with him, Lord. As he grows older each day, the time he spends with his family is divided by the time that he has to spend in school too. Please do not let him escape the truth, God. Always instill in his young heart that whether he eats or drinks, or whatever else he does, he should do it all for Your glory.

I know You desire that no one will perish -- even wayward children. Thank You Lord, that You care even more than I do.

Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment