Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Every Moment Counts With My Children


Dear God,

Sometimes, I find it so easy to put off doing important things with my DS and DD. I have this nasty attitude of postponing the time to instill good manners, or teach them important godly principles. Maybe because I feel tired, or am busy with other things to do and finish. I put it off until the next time or tomorrow, and then totally forget about it after. But they are growing so quickly, and I know that if I don't take the time to teach them NOW, someone else will, and it probably won't be in the way I would like, or be what I would want them to learn.

I realize that time is very short, so please remind me always Lord, to make each moment count. You give me many opportunities to teach my kids throughout the day, and it is my responsibility to use those God-given moments, and I want to take that responsibility seriously. Thank You, Lord, because I know You are always by my side.

Be very careful, then, how you live --
not as unwise but as wise,
making the most of every opportunity,
because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment