Tuesday, December 22, 2009

★★ Honest Scrap Award ★★


I got another award from one of my Blogger friends. Thanks much, Ruth! Am really happy to be “writing elbows” with this blogging site’s community of believers, it is an enjoyable way to spend the day receiving awards like this.

I am supposed to share 7 things about myself and then award it to other people. I had to think well to do this, as I try to share fun facts about myself to share with you. So here goes...

1. I love to eat toothpaste when I was little, my Mom didn't know I claimed a secret corner of the bathroom wall where I always placed a bigger than a pea-sized paste to harden, then licked it off the wall the following day -- a chewy, mildly minty-sweet, dragee. Truly yummy, my own homemade Mentos, hahaha!

2. During bedtime, I can’t stop wiggling my foot, rubbing it on the edge of the bed while lying down on my stomach, until I bring myself to sleep. It’s a habit I can’t shake off (since toddlerhood) even my DH sometimes thinks it’s weird.

3. Back in high school I used to write a lot and received good grades from my Literature teacher. That kind of writing brought me to take up an English Studies/Creative Writing course in college. And then while studying, I wrote for a column in two glossy, non-syndicated magazines. I was paid a modest, working student's wage, but I fully enjoyed every single payment I received from them.

4. In college and in my quest for life, I was invited to join this religious group, only to find out later on, that it was a cult. God has (and always is) been very good to me, that he rescued me from this group, and led me to Campus Crusade for Christ, where I got saved. It was also at this point that I met my DH, and realized that God has a purpose and a plan for all of us.

5. I love dogs very much, and grew up with them in the family. My fondness for them reached its height when as an adult I had two lovable Shih Tzus who slept with me on the bed and who accompanied me wherever I went. One died of heart enlargement, and the other, of cancer. I was heartbroken and then I stopped having dogs around for some time. It is only now that we are planning to have one again, because my DS and DD took after my love and passion for these furry little creatures.


6. I can live on corn and potatoes, cooked any style. Also on this Filipino dish called “Nilagang Baka” (Boiled Beef) – cubes of tender beef cooked in a flavorful beef broth with fresh vegetables like bokchoy, cabbage and potatoes. I practically gorged on this dish, everyday for nine whole months during my 1st pregnancy. From Day 1 to D-day, I never got tired of the taste, and ate everything – leafy greens, golden potatoes, tasty soup – all but the beef itself.

7. Lastly, I’m a stickler for orderliness, sometimes bordering on becoming like an OC freak. I can’t go to sleep thinking about the bag of grocery items I left on the kitchen table, and/or similar scenarios like so. I always remind my 3 darling housemates – “A place for everything, and everything in its place.”

I will be giving this award to friends, and look forward to what they have to share upon receiving this award. Once again, I thank Ruth for giving me this "Honest Scrap Award". I truly enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is a very thorough confession! Your # 3 explains why you write so well.Thanks Anne for sharing. My daughter and I really enjoyed reading this post. She agrees with you that toothpastes taste yummy!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth! It took me almost a day just to compose that entry, but I enjoyed it very much, lol! Please tell your daughter that she has good taste in food like me, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete