Friday, December 4, 2009

In The Midst Of Affliction


Dear God,

Eversince becoming a Christian, I always try to be joyful in the hope that I have found in You, and I have been faithful in prayer, Lord. Yes, sometimes, I do fall and fail, and forget about Your goodness. But always, I go back to You, in Your loving arms, and long for Your welcoming kindness and grace...

It's having to be patient in affliction that is hard, Lord. When I hurt, or feel discouraged, I want the pain to stop immediately -- not after I learned the lesson I need to learn... not after I said or committed the wrong things... Affliction may mean a lot of different things to one person. It may mean despair, hard times, hopelessness, or even sickness. I want to learn how to be in the middle of these things without cracking up, Lord.

Like for instance, I don't mean to snap at the kids. You know that, Lord. Their enthusiasm for life sometimes becomes an irritant to me. Especially that I have Diabetes. Admittedly, having the Type 2 kind can also be very debilitating and limiting. Even their little accidents make me grit my teeth and bite my lips to keep me from yelling. That shouldn't happen, but it does at times.

As I learn to rest in You, Lord, please, please, please renew me. Please, in the mighty name of Jesus, give me the ability I need to be patient, no matter what trouble is around me, and no matter what ails me. Let my joyful hope and my faithful prayers build up my patience as I strive to become the Mom You intended me to be.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment