Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Guardian Angels


Dear God,

Every time I do my quiet time, Your promises give me a secure and safe feeling. I know I am surrounded by Your love and protection. Sometimes I think of the moments, especially when my DS and DD were still little -- of the times when they felt afraid... Perhaps of being in a new school, or dealing with a rough classmate, or maybe even a strict teacher... I immediately come to their rescue, hold them tight in my arms, and whisper words of assurance and comfort. They snuggle up close, or never leave my side, and their fears disappear. They begin to calm down and relax as their worries fade away. My heart overflows with love and is filled with assurance as I realize that You love me in the same way.

I can never count the times when I have been afraid, or weary, and You sent Your angels to surround and watch over me... I just know that they are there. You were my comfort and protector.

Because I know that You surround me and care a lot for me, I can do the same for my kids. Someday, I also know that my DS and DD will do the same for my grandchildren! What a big, blessed heritage for my family. Thank You, Lord, for the tremendous peace this heartfelt promise brings.

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
Psalm 34:7

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne!
    you have an award from me!

    http://celebratefriendship-ruth.blogspot.com/2009/12/first-friendship-award.html

    Blessings!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth,

    Thank you so much, am so touched! I really value and treasure friendships, old and new; even if they are formed via cyberspace, haha!

    God bless our friendship more!

    ReplyDelete