Monday, December 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook #9


FOR TODAY... Dec. 28, 2009

Outside my window... The sun is up and I praise God because today is the day we fetch my Mom from the airport!

I am thinking... Of the many places we will go to because Mom missed the Philippines so much

I am thankful for... The opportunity God has given us, that my Mom is here for the holidays

I am wearing... A white blouse with jeans -- dressed up, excited, and ready to leave for the airport

I am remembering... The list that I made regarding places to go for a visit once Mom arrives town

I am going... To park my blogging fingers for awhile after this entry, and to prepare for my Mom's arrival. I'll see all of you again in a few days

I am reading... 50 Great American Short Stories edited by Milton Crane

I am hoping... To spend a great time with my Mom and the family this time of year until early next year before she goes back to NJ again

On my mind... Is where to go and shop with Mom and the kids, and what good treats to eat!

From the learning rooms... The kids are still on vacation mode, so it's still a grand week for them

Noticing that... Some people in the neighborhood are already lighting up firecrackers even if the New Year isn't here yet

Pondering these words... When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty -- Jeremiah 15:16

From the kitchen... Lasagna, Breaded Chicken Fillet, Mashed Potatoes, Tossed Green Salad w/ Vinaigrette Dressing, and Caramel Flan

Around the house... We are all excited, especially DS and DD, because their grandma will be arriving from NJ to spend the holidays with us

One of my favorite things... Reed diffusers with rose, cinnamon, or vanilla scents, that make the house smell really wonderful

From my picture journal...


Thanks to Peggy for allowing me to take part in The Simple Woman's Daybook. Blessings and have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne - have a wonderful visit with your mother!! - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! We picked her up from the airport and my kids and I are having a grand time already. =)

    ReplyDelete