Friday, January 1, 2010

♥♥ The Source Of My Strength This 2010 ♥♥


Dear God,

As I look back at the past year, I had some days that were hard ones. Those were the days when I felt like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Or those moments when I felt like the weight of the world was pressing on me, and I could not handle it well at all.

Seemed like most of the things that happened around me in '09 did not function well. The kids had arguments and fought often. DH and I had a lot of bleak moments ourselves. Some friends who I thought were friends weren’t what they seemed to be. I felt persecution and indifference in some of the areas and places where we belong. And some days passed when I was not able to have a chance of spending good quiet times with You. Those times, I felt so weak, my health pulled me down and I felt helpless.

Times like that happen to everyone, I know, and aside from that consoling thought, the one that truly gives me comfort and rest is when You quiet my spirit, Lord.

This 2010, I will revel in the times when You will let me close my eyes for a moment and experience Your healing touch. I know that my very strength comes from You, and not from any other source. I will listen to You more as You calm me and keep me anchored in You and Your spirit, so I will not be dismayed by all that’s happening around me.

Thank You, Lord. As I rest in You more this New Year, I also know that my family’s attitude will be different. What a blessing You are to us.

It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
Psalm 18:32

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Anne.
    I woke up this morning fresh from a weird dream. It was a juxtaposition of all unconnected unpleasant events and people. You were in the last scene! You came from behind and greeted me with a kiss and a warm smile. That was the only beautiful part, and I was comforted. Whatever is the meaning of it, I knew God has a reason why we meet as blogging friends. We haven't actually meet face to face but I know you are a dear sister with a gentle spirit. I'm just glad to have found you here in the blog-o-sphere.
    Will write more via email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth, for sharing your dream with me. I guess the Lord indeed has a plan and a purpose for bringing us together through this site. I remember, a few entries ago in this blog, I prayed to God for a Mom- friend who I can relate to. (http://likeshowersonnewgrass.blogspot.com/2009/11/feelings-of-loneliness.html)

    God has a way of answering prayers and perhaps, you are that person, or one of those who is in God’s mind. =) Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. I am blessed to be friends with you, and to share my life’s happenings with you. God bless you more in ’10! =)

    ReplyDelete