Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being Co-Heirs With Christ


Dear God,

I feel blessed and joyful. Because to be called Your heir -- the living God, the Maker of the entire universe -- leaves me awed and amazed to be called a joint heir with Christ Jesus, the Saviour and Messiah for all like me who believe. This is one wonderful promise that is almost too much to understand and grasp in my finite mind.

In the middle of suffering or disappointment, I sometimes forget about the gift You've given me. I have the tendency to always focus on myself. Then I overlook who You are and what You are doing for me. It is even harder when someone in my family is suffering or unhappy. My discomfort is then increased. And my focus on You is blurred.

But I want to keep my eyes on You, Lord. The suffering You endured for my sake makes my trials look like nothing. Please help me look forward to the promise, and not to forget the temporary troubles I have now.

Now if we are children, then we are heirs —
heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ,
if indeed we share in his sufferings
in order that we may also share in his glory.
Romans 8:17

No comments:

Post a Comment