Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Praying For Diligence


Dear God,

It is a nice day, even though I am still a bit under the weather. As I ponder on Your words this morning, I realize that You don't really want me to nag or lecture my DS and DD constantly on Your ways, but I thank You because I am able to fit in little bits of truth, no matter what we are doing, especially around the home.

I know that there are numerous comparisons to Your statutes in our everyday, daily life, Lord. Please continue to help me see those things and convey them in a real way to my kids. At times, my kids are eager to learn; other days they appear as though they aren't listening. And still again many times, I'm the one who gets tired and choose to let it pass. Of course, I always want to make You an exciting and interesting topic in the household. Lord, please give me many creative ideas as we take walks even in the busy mall, fix or clean up some things around the house, do schoolwork, or just simply when we engage in our everyday routines.

Your ways are always awesome, God... Teaching my kids can be a burden in my life, or a refreshing, delighful responsibility. I know that the choice is up to me. And I continue to pray that it will be a delight for all of us.

Impress them on your children.
Talk about them when you sit at home
and when you walk along the road,
when you lie down and when you get up.
Deuteronomy 6:7

No comments:

Post a Comment