Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Real Victory


Dear God,

There are times when I do not feel victorious. Even if I know that You have saved me a long time ago, I don't feel as if I have truly overcome the world. Instead, the world seems to weigh down and press close to me, temptations, problems, and troubles abound. My faith seems very weak -- not the type of faith that might bring victory.

But as I pray and ask for enlightenment, I begin to realize, Lord, that You don't say our faith will overcome IF we feel up to it. You say that everyone born of You will overcome. Those are two different things and I must always keep that in my heart. I can teach my DS and DD this principle: That real victory does not depend on how we feel; rather, it comes from knowing You and depending on Your power and might.

By that I can stand up and shout, "VICTORY!" Yes, Lord, in You I have the assurance of victory. The whole world does not stand a chance. I have read and know the entire story, and in the end all evil will be thrown down. You alone will reign victorious. I praise You, Lord.

For everyone born of God overcomes the world.
This is the victory that has overcome the world,
even our faith.
1 John 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment