Friday, January 22, 2010

Through Your Word


Dear God,

More often than not, lazy people always want things handed to them. They want life to be easy and smooth, and they want to get everything they need. They simply don't want to work for anything. To my shame and confession to anyone who will come to read this, I am that way sometimes.

But through Your Word, I get understanding and enlightenment. It says that to have the knowledge I need, I must work at learning. Without studying Your Word I will not be able to understand what You want for me, Lord. Your Word directs me. And tells me where I should go, what I should do with my life.

How can I show my DS and DD Your ways unless I teach them from the Bible? They have to learn the very basics just as I have -- Working is good; being lazy is not acceptable.

Lord, please help me to be diligent in understanding You and your precepts. Please give me a continuous desire , and an unquenchable thirst to know You better, so that I may also help my children know and follow Your Word as they grow up to be beautiful in Your eyes.

I gain understanding from your precepts;
therefore I hate every wrong path.
Psalm 119:104

No comments:

Post a Comment