Monday, February 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #14


FOR TODAY... Feb. 1, 2010

Outside my window... I can see the clouds and the clear blue-white sky and it makes me praise God for his artistic hands.

I am thinking... Of how else can I show my love to my DH, and to honor God for giving him to me.

I am thankful for... All the blessings that God has been providing for us in the family.

I am wearing... A pale blue shirt-dress with Tweety on it.

I am remembering... To go see my doctors again for my Type 2 Diabetes.

I am going... To strive hard to come close to be like the Proverbs 31 woman, and ask God to help me each day as I wake up and keep her in my mind.

I am reading... Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George

I am hoping... That we will have a FUNtastic summer vacation!

On my mind... Nothing but the Proverbs 31 woman.

From the learning rooms... Dividing a Fraction by a Whole Number for DD, and the Decimal Checkerboard for DS.

Noticing that... The weather is a bit getting warmer during the day, but nights are still cool these days.

Pondering these words... My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. -- John 10:27

From the kitchen... Beef Steak, Beef Nilaga Soup, and Chopsuey Vegetables

Around the house... Our cleaning lady is busy returning the vacuum cleaner back to its hiding place.

One of my favorite things... Windy days and gentle sunshine around me.

From my picture journal...


Thanks to Peggy for allowing me to take part in The Simple Woman's Daybook. Blessings and have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne,
    You have a nice daybook here. I pray your visit to the doctors would bring you good news about your health.
    I also strive to be a Prov. 31 woman and always get frustrated. DH has to remind me that the woman in that passage is a king's mother and had many servants. She didn't have to do everything like I do. But she was excellent in managing her household.

    It's a blessing to have a cleaning lady.

    You have delicious food in your kitchen.

    Enjoy your week, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your message, Ruth. Yes, I also pray for my health, and even pray harder that I will have the discipline to manage my T2-D properly.

    I also keep in mind, that the Proverbs 31 woman was surrounded by many helpers; thus some things were easier done. Let us both pray for each other that one day, we will both become like her. =)

    Yes it is a blessing that I have a cleaning lady. She was with me after DH and I got married. She comes in the house 2x a week to wash, iron, and do a little vacuuming. The rest of the week is all up to me (and DH, haha). We have shared responsibilities at home. DH was a chef (now a food businessman) so he handles the kitchen, ptL! Managing the rest of the house is on my chores list. =)

    Have a great week, Ruth. May both of us be happy CEO and Domestic Engineers, lol!

    ReplyDelete