Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Don't Want To Be A Fool


Dear God,

The very last thing I want is to be a fool. But honestly, I must admit, that in my anger sometimes, or just when I blow my top and lose my patience, I've made my foolishness clear on more than one occasion.

Lord, I don't like to be angry with my DS or DD... Surely, some of the things that they do need to be corrected (especially my DS), but there is a right and godly way -- or a wrong way to handle this. I know that the choice is mine... I guess the old saying, "Two wrongs don't make it right" could be well applied in cases like so. My lashing out (often with my tongue) does not counteract or correct their mistakes, but only confirms my own foolishness. My very behavior says that hasty anger and quick temper is an appropriate response when something upsets me, and it doesn't demonstrate how to properly handle frustration. Lord, please guide me, to correct my kids without becoming angry... I confess I am more often than not, quick in getting angry, and I become judgmental and hard on them. Lord, I do not want to succumb to the evil one's temptation for me to forget Your Words and fall... I ask for Your help in helping me guard myself so I won't be a fool...

Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Ecclesiastes 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment