Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thank You For Your Assurance


Dear God,

As I immerse myself in Your Word this morning, I suddenly realize that You just gave me an amazing promise. Eversince motherhood became part of my life, I always want to be there for my DS and DD. But I also know that there will be a time when I won't be around them... It is comforting to know that even if I am physically away, You will never leave them, just as You have never left me. Thank You, because I know You will never turn Your back on any of us, no matter what we say or do.

Lord, please help me rejoice in the time I have with my family today. I don't want to burden myself in worrying about what might happen in the future. I want to savor and enjoy this chance to nurture and cherish the many blessings You have given me. Thank You so much that I can be content -- not longing for what I do not have or possess, or looking for something more to gratify my wants. I can surely rest in the promise and assurance that You are here NOW and will be in the FUTURE.

Keep your lives free from the love of money
and be content with what you have,
because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment