Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Disciplining As God Does


Dear God,

I want to thank You for setting an example for me everyday as a Mom. I admit, there were many times when I did not listen to You. Or the times when I have done what I myself wanted to do. But You have always humbled me. It hurt me, Lord, but I surely learned a valuable lesson from You.

When I discipline DS or DD, of course it is not an easy or fun task for me. Sometimes, I want to be more lenient and easy, even when it should not be. And more so, there are times when I want to be firmer and stricter with them when I should not be! Lord, please help me to keep the seriousness of the sin in my mind. I need to remember that I also needed rebuke. Give me the compassion along with the strong stand I need to take on this concern.

When the discipline and correction is over, always remind me to give them a warm hug, a cheerful pat, or the loving assurance that it is not them that I reject -- but the sin or mistake they have committed. I want to be able to always tell them how much I love them, just as You demonstrate Your love for me when I do something wrong in Your eyes.

Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son,
so the LORD your God disciplines you.
Deuteronomy 8:5

No comments:

Post a Comment