Monday, March 15, 2010

Music Monday #3 ~ Every Season


Thanks to Shawntele of Saved by Grace, for this wonderful meme. There won't be Monday blues for me again because my week starter will be filled with melodies for the Lord!

If there is one thing I want to tell God this morning, that is to thank Him for always being there. As I pray and spend my quiet time with Him this morning, my heart is filled and flooded with emotion and I am renewed with comfort and reassurance from Him. Lord, You are always in control, and I am blessed that I have You in my life -- in all the seasons that came and went, my ups and downs, in need and plenty, all of the time.



Every evening sky, an invitation,
To trace the patterned stars,
And early in July, a celebration,
For freedom that is ours,
And I notice You,
In children’s games,
In those who watch them from the shade,
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder --
YOU ARE SUMMER...

And even when the trees have just surrendered,
To the harvest time,
Forfeiting their leaves in late September,
And sending us inside,
Still I notice You when change begins,
And I am braced for colder winds,
I will offer thanks for what has been and what's to come --
YOU ARE AUTUMN...

And everything in time and under heaven,
Finally falls asleep,
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation,
Shivers underneath,
And still I notice you,
When branches crack,
And in my breath on frosted glass,
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter --
YOU ARE WINTER...

And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced,
Teaching us to breathe,
What was frozen through is newly purposed,
Turning all things green,
So it is with You,
And how You make me new,
With every season’s change,
And so it will be,
As You are re-creating me --
SUMMER, AUTUMN, WINTER, SPRING...


2 comments:

  1. How beautiful dear friend...Just beautiful!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, yes it is... It speaks clearly of how God is constantly in our lives, and how he sustains us in all things when change is inevitable and permanent... :)

    ReplyDelete