Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #26


FOR TODAY... Apr. 27, 2010

Outside my window... The full moon shines brightly. It is a warm evening, so I guess we need to open the ac before going to bed.

I am thinking... Of who will win as President in the upcoming national elections in my country come May 10th.

I am thankful for... God's never ending provisions for our family.

I am wearing... A printed pink shirt-dress.

I am remembering... That I have to pay for next month's tuition in Ballet for my DD.

I am going... To my OB-Gyne this Thursday for a routine check-up.

I am reading... Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George.

I am hoping... That my country's next President will be honest, incorruptible and annointed by the Lord.

On my mind... This coming May 10 Presidential elections.

From the learning rooms... The kids are still on vacation. But they always read their Bibles before going to bed.

Noticing that... All presidential candidates are going all-out in their campaign sorties. There is only 2 weeks remaining before election time.

Pondering these words... For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. -- Romans 6:23

From the kitchen... Chicken Ala King, Tinola Soup, and Fried Vegetable Rolls.

Around the house... The kids are getting ready for bed.

One of my favorite things... Listening to worship songs, getting blessed by their lyrics, and sharing it here on my blog porch.

From my picture journal...


Thanks to Peggy for allowing me to take part in The Simple Woman's Daybook. Blessings and have a great week, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Praying for a good report from your OB/GYN checkup

    Oh, I haven't had Chicken A La King in a long while

    That photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog entry and I'm already praying for our Presidential election that is still more than 2 years away. It is so sad to see "the state of affairs" of our world and most especially our country. We as Christians have got to take a stand and make our voice heard to bring our nations back to God. Blessings to you for a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vicki! I'll just have my routine pap smear which I get every year for safety measures. Hope you could whip up your Chicken ala King and enjoy it with you family, haha. The photos am using here are by Greg Robinson, a photographer from Canada. He's very generous to lend his wonderful flower photos. Am gonna add you to my blog list okay, thanks for the visit and have a blessed week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lea, for your message. That is so true and inspiring -- that we have to give and contribute our own share in bringing our respective countries back to the Lord. Here in the Philippines, so many government officials are corrupt and do things only for their own personal gain. So sad but true. We are praying that for the next six years, a good and honest President would lead us and restore the Philippines to good (economic) standing among other Asian countries neighboring us. We are 2 weeks away and we are also praying for an honest election this May 10th...

    Praying for your country too. I have the rest of my family and friends in the States, and so we are also concerned.

    Thanks for dropping by, have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anne ~ and thanks for sharing your beautiful daybook ;) I'll pray along, as I have friends from and in the Philippines. Have a blessed week ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kathy, your prayer means a lot. Kindly pray too for an honest and clean election on that day.

    Glad to hear you have Filipino friends as well. Send my his, hellos, and regards to them, whoever they are. :)

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete