Friday, May 14, 2010

Being Proud Versus Being Humble


Dear God,

At face value, being lowly definitely sounds very undesirable and unacceptable. I wouldn't even want to be in that place. But in this case, lowliness goes with wisdom. Now that sounds much, much better, Lord, and things become different if we talk about it this way... Being proud seems natural, but when it is corrupted with other things, I would rather not have it.

Lord, I know You blessed me abundantly in the children You gave me. Please help me not to "flaunt" them or even attempt to take the credit that always belongs to You. Remind me to acknowledge and joyfully recognize that all I am, and all my DS and DD are is because of Your grace, kindness and mercy. I am definitely proud of my kids, Lord. But I never ever don't want this pride to be wicked, foolish, corrupt, or destructive. Rather, let it be the motherly, loving type that is purely based on unconditional, absolute love.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2

No comments:

Post a Comment