Wednesday, May 19, 2010

For Ever and Ever


Dear God,

When DD celebrated her 8th birthday and we went out of town for the beach, we enjoyed much of the long car drive by looking out of the window, and marvelling at the mountainous view. We talked about how permanent the mountains are -- they don't just fade away, or wash away. I mentioned to the kids that You are even more lasting than the mountains and that You surround us in the same way for our safety and protection.

When my DS and DD were still very young and so little, I remember the times when I held them close, shielding them from harm or danger. Then I always rejoice with the thought that You are our protective shield.

Lord, I know that as long as we trust in Your presence, we have definitely nothing to worry about. You will be with us for ever and ever without end. Nothing and no one can separate us from You, because You are the strong protector, the mighty One who watches us always. I praise you, Father, for Your never-ending protection.

As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the LORD surrounds his people
both now and forevermore.
Psalm 125:2

No comments:

Post a Comment