Friday, May 7, 2010

My Joyful, Praising Heart


Dear God,

I praise You because you made the greatest sacrifice anyone could give for me to know and receive salvation. My heart is simply overflowing with joy. It's like I want to run out and tell everyone how awesome and amazing You are. No one but You alone are the one who is able to save the sinful and those who are led astray. Like me before... The Bible says in Romans 3:23 that we are all sinners and fall short of Your glory.

Because of Your sacrifice, Jesus, I want to give something back. I know You don't like sacrifices like in the Old Testament days. But what You want is a broken and humble heart. A repentant spirit that is pliable, soft, and flexible in Your hands. Like that of a potter, as he molds his clay...

Lord, humble my heart and make me a living sacrifice for You that I might lead my children and other people to You. Let my praises be a godly example to my DS and DD at home. I praise You Lord, with all that is within me.

O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
Psalm 51:15

No comments:

Post a Comment