Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Your Strength In Our Weakness


Dear God,

Sometimes there are people who can be very insensitive. When I see or hear people making fun or destructively criticizing my kids (e.g. "M is so fat, he looks like a..." or perhaps, "G's teeth aren't nice, they're like..."), I get so angry and want to speak up. I want to deliver punishment and defend my children, who are the weaker ones. I think of all the times when I have been put down myself as I was growing up, and how those incidents in my life hurt and cut me so deeply before...

Father, I know that You are strongest in our weaknesses... I always need to remember that and stick that up in my mind, and also teach and instill in my DS and DD that we should count it pure joy when we are faced with trials and suffering. It isn't a very easy lesson to teach, Lord! It is very difficult, and I am constantly struggling... Simply because the world teaches the opposite.

Help me, God. Oftentimes I want to rely on my own power and strength than Yours. Please, please, help me against it. Instead, I fervently and imploringly pray that I, together with my DS and DD, will clearly see and witness that Your grace is always sufficient. That when we are weak, thirsty and failing, then we will be strong in You.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:

  1. It's a hard lesson for an adult to learn, let alone a child. I know how you feel - like a big momma bear when one of your cubs is attacked.

    Check out my blog (www.nictomsmom.blogspot.com). There is some Sunshine for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, yes I think that's how it is best concretized... Thanks for understanding. :)

    Thanks very much for the Sunshine Award! I am so blessed and honored! Will go back to your site and pick it up after this post. :)

    Have a happy Wednesday my friend, and God bless you always! :)

    ReplyDelete