Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Joy Of My Heavenly Father


Dear God,

After reading today's devotion in my quiet time, I realized that it is hard for me to apply the verse personally. I know that You are mighty and powerful, and that You save us. But, the very idea of You being joyful and rejoicing over me is something that I could not easily understand.

When I think hard and put this in view of my DS and DD, I somehow get a sparkle of understanding. Because when I look at my kids, I am filled with joy watching them in their journey while growing up, discovering new things, and being able to do these on their own, independently... Both of them bring happiness to me, even when they make mistakes, simply because I also know that it is part of growing up, and also part of being a parent to experience joy and some pain along the way...

Lord, I clearly know now, that this is the very thing that You want my own eyes to see. I am Your child, Your daughter -- and You delight in me even when I fall constantly. You pick me up by the hand, give me a tight hug, and zealously encourage me to try again. Thank You for rejoicing over me.

The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephanaiah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment