Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Responsibilities God Gave Me


Dear God,

Sometimes when I look at the talents and abilities other Moms have, I tend to be a bit jealous because I am not as "perfect" as they are. Then I start thinking, daydreaming, wishing, and dwelling, on how I could have a nicer and bigger house, or a brand new house where I could smell the faint trail of fresh paint which I so love, a house with a breezy, fragrant garden, and soft green grass where I could enjoy a glass of iced tea on a white porch with rattan chairs, a house with a neatly manicured lawn where I could watch my kids play and run around... And to add, at times, I become bothered that I may be embarrassing DH or DS and DD because I am not up on the latest fashion trends, clothing accessories, and mine are so very out of style...

Father, I fail to remember that You gave me other wonderful talents and abilities and You expect me to use them for your honor and glory. I know that those are my responsibilities. And I know that it is not wrong for me to try to improve, but it is wrong for me to let my envy of other Moms cloud my vision of You. Lord, please help me fulfill my responsibilities.

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.
If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith.
If it is serving, let him serve;
if it is teaching, let him teach;
if it is encouraging, let him encourage;
if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously;
if it is leadership, let him govern diligently;
if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
Romans 12:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment