Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So Much To Thank God For


Dear God,

I know that Your will for us is to be thankful, no matter what the case may be... It's so easy to be like that when days are bright and spring is in the air, so to speak. Those days I feel so alive, and so refreshed. But then it's so hard and difficult when the days are bleak and dreary. I feel so sluggish and cranky, and sadly for me, my DS and DD turn like that too. They whine and argue, and fight, and drag themselves in the house as if always looking for something to do, or they turn restless and uneasy.

It definitely is not easy for me to be thankful on those days, Lord, but you said in Your Word that it is Your will for us. Honestly, if I think about it in the real sense of the word, I do have so much to be thankful for, even on gray days... For one, I have my DS and DD. And I have my DH too of course. The best part of it is that I have You strengthening and teaching me all the time. On sad, low days, I want to learn to rely wholly on You more, Lord. Thank You for always being there.

...give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what gorgeous tulips!!! And oh, such beautiful words of encouragement!!!! Wishing you well, Anne! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy! I had a not so good day the other week, and my quiet time for today hit me right on the spot. Good thing I am able to get over that ugly day now. What a great God we do have. So patient and loving and kind... :)

    Wishing you well too! Have a great week! Btw, we now have a newly installed President who took his oath this morning. Praying for a great 6 years for the Philippines under his administration. God is good. :)

    ReplyDelete