Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Help Me Speak With Wisdom


Dear God,

I have heard of the saying, "It is better to remain silent and let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and prove it." There is somehow a lot of truth in that quotation, Lord... And You also said something like that in Your Word.

I am ashamed and embarrassed to admit it, but I often forget these truths. I oftentimes speak before I think, and the words that come out from my mouth are anything but wise... Simply said, they are words not filled with life! Sometimes my DS and DD think it is strange (or funny, according to my DD) when I am so preoccupied with something, that my responses to them make no sense at all. I guess that's only one example of speaking before thinking... And then sometimes, I realize that what I say to other people is hurtful -- even when I am talking to the kids or DH. I am aware of that later on, Lord, and I begin to feel guilty because Your Word says that I have to be gracious, even in my words...

I pray that my DS and DD will be wise enough to think first, and then speak. Please help me be their example, Lord.

Words from a wise man's mouth are gracious,
but a fool is consumed by his own lips.
Ecclesiastes 10:12

No comments:

Post a Comment